Colour blocking has been used by the designers for many years. It is an amazing way to add a touch of elegance or quirkiness to even the simplest of outfits depending on the colour schemes used. Lately, we have seen a lot of popularity of this trend amongst the public and everyone is using the colour blocking trend in their own unique way. Also, people seem to love the versatility and fun factor of this stylish trend. This trend gives you the freedom to experiment with different colour schemes, textures and patterns to create catchy and fun looks.
The colour block designs generally have a combination of two colours that are opposites on the colour wheel. Often, these colours are louder and are the ones which you would otherwise not wear together. Sometimes, even three colours are used in a colour block pattern.
One of the best benefits of this fun trend is that it allows you to accentuate your body parts by combining the colour and pattern in a particular way to as to enhance a particular body part. It also makes people look taller or thinner. Who would not like to have these benefits, right?
It is not always necessary that the colour block designs will have 2-3 bright colours only. Some outfits also include neutral shades to add a touch of subtleness to the outfit.
Designers like Elie Saab, Bottega Veneta, Derek Lam, Chanel, Christopher Kane, DKNY, Tory Burch, Michael Kors, Rebecca Taylor and many more have used their creativity to create amazing c and perfect colour block designs.
This cool block trend is surely a retro trend which has made a comeback recently, but I am sure everyone is happy to have this trend back in fashion. Just like us, even the celebrities are seen adorning this fun trend in their everyday as well as event looks. We have seen our favourite celebs like Malaika Arora Khan, Bipasha Basu, Eva Longoria, Jessica Alba, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and many others rock this block trend and we surely love the way they experiment with and style this fun trend.
Colour block trend is used in apparel, shoes, accessories and makeup too. Also, these days you will see this retro trend in home decor and interiors too. We are sure you must have seen this trend being used almost everywhere these days. Why should you stay behind? Go ahead and try this trend. This trend is totally worth a try. You are sure to fall in love with the colour block style, and once you start following it, it is surely very tough to stay away from this trend.
For all of you who love this colour block style but are afraid to try it because you are not sure if you will be able to mix the colours well or maybe worried that you will look good/bad in this trend, let us help you with a few simple tips to help you style yourself in this funky fashion trend.
- For the beginners, try pairing two colours first. You can either pair two contrasting colours ( green and pink, yellow and purple, etc,) or two similar colours (yellow and orange, red and orange, blue and green). If you are too afraid to try the loud colours at once, try wearing an outfit with a neutral base colour and colour block design on it. To complete the look, don’t forget to pair your outfit with neutral shoes and accessories. You definitely don’t to be immersed in too many colours, right?
- For those of you who are short, avoid heavy block designs or horizontal patterns. As you are aware, these make you look even shorter (which you don’t want to). Make the most out of this trend and utilise it well. Wear outfits that don’t have a heavy block pattern. Subtle designs are the best for you. Also, try and get the outfits that have somewhat vertical patterns.
- If you are too unsure about trying this trend, simply pair similar shades together (like a light pink top with a dark pink skirt/ pant, light blue and blue combination, etc.) and wear quirky shoes in a contrast colour. See how it will suddenly make you look like a diva while keeping in line with the colour block trend.
- Try creating a colour block look incorporating some funky accessories. Pick up those chunky earrings, bracelets, neckpieces in contrast colours and give it a try. You are surely going to look gorgeous and make heads turn for your captivating fashion statement.
- With your normal outfit, pair a handbag in a bold colour. This is yet another way to incorporate the colour block trend in your daily fashion and look uber cool.
- How about trying some colour block patterns with makeup? Believe it or not, it looks amazing and gives you the freedom to experiment a lot and create your own unique looks. For beginners, you can opt for pairing quirky colours of eyeshadow and lipstick, eyeshadow and eyeliner, eyeshadow and nails, etc. And for those of you who are not afraid to try out some bold colours and carry them comfortably, you have a plethora of choices for your makeup looks that you can create that follow the colour block trend. Also, additionally, I am sure you all can come up with even more different looks. Just keep experimenting and explore this block trend to the fullest.
- Now that we have seen this trend being incorporated everywhere, how can this not be used in hair styling? You are right, you can have colour blocked hair too. This is definitely a pretty bold look that you will get for yourself. However, if you use temporary colours, you don’t really have to carry such a bold look everyday. Here is some colour block hair inspiration for you all.
Hope these tips are helpful and you all (those of you who have not yet tried this trend) will try and incorporate this trend into your looks.
The colour block trend quickly got a lot of popularity and still people seem to love it as much as they did when they learn about this trend for the first time. Colour block trend is seen on the runways and well-known fashion shows very often and a lot of designers seem to be using this trend for their designs. And why not, after all it is such a fun way to add definition to a look.
Considering the popularity of the colour block trend, we definitely don’t see this trend going out of fashion soon. Also, even the latest collections of many designers worldwide, still have used the colour block trend. This gives you yet another reason to stick around with this trend and keep rocking your looks.
Amongst all the retro trends that have made a comeback lately, the colour block trend is one of those trends that immediately got a lot of popularity and is here to last. So yes, you can stock up on those beautiful colour block outfits without worrying about them being out of fashion. Colour block it your way and flaunt your unique style.
Here’s some trendy colour block looks that we love.
Stay tuned to read about more interesting trends and styles that you can follow in your everyday life.